Do you need to move your legacy RPG system to the web?
Our first generation of products are designed to move your legacy RPG, CL, and data from the AS/400 to Microsoft-based technologies in the cloud or an on-premises server.
Our solution helps you solve the common problems faced by legacy RPG systems, including:
- Hardware and Software Support Costs
- Compatibility with new systems
- Dated look-and-feel
- Limiting hosting options to include the cloud
- Retiring staff is hard to replace
- Shrinking pool of legacy skills
We Modernize Your Legacy System Using Automated Translation
Our translation software reads your RPG programs and procedures and rewrites them in C#. We provide an environment for running the translated software on a web server and is accessed with a web browser. We also convert your data for the new hosting environment or a database server. Your system transforms into something completely modern.
Our approach has several advantages over other traditional software conversion methods. These advantages include:
- Runs in a web browser, making it simple to access and familiar to your employees.
- Preserves the business value captured in your existing code
- All of your assets - menus, data, forms, code, and procs - are converted rapidly and simultaneously without the typical long-running development project
- Going forward you can use the latest tools and technologies
- Unlike some other conversion solutions you own all of the translated software
- You can continue to evolve the translated code base or write completely new modern code, or do both and mix them in the existing application
- Menus and screens stay the same, keeping it familiar to your employees.
- The overall structure of your code remains intact, keeping it familiar to your developers.
- Your existing programmers can learn new technology from familiar, translated code
- New developers can learn your existing business from the modernized code